All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe baby boom generation were born between 1946 and 1964 and are the largest population cohort in US history. They should number about 90 million by mid-century, more than doubling their current size. The massive increase in seniors and relative decline of those of working age in the US is mirrored in almost all the world's most populous countries. This book connects the dots between the US baby boom generation and the marked increase in natural and human-caused disasters. It evaluates options available to seniors, their aids, for and t-for and for-profit organizations and government to reduce vulnerability to hazard events. These include coordinated planning, risk assessment, regulations and guidelines, education, and other risk management efforts. Using interviews with experts, cases studies, especially of Superstorm Sandy, and literature, it culls best practice and identify major gaps. It is original and successful in making the connection between the growing group of vulnerable US seniors, environmental events, and risk management practices in order to isolate the most effective lessons learned.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Greenberg is Professor at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA. He serves as associate editor for environmental health for the American Journal of Public Health, and was editor-in-chief of Risk Analysis: An International Journal.
- Author(s)Michael R. Greenberg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarthscan Risk in Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 45 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.