Protecting Your Ideas: The Inventor's Guide to Patents by Joy L. Bryant (Hardback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual property law is currently exploding, as demonstrated by the growth of techlogy transfer offices in universities. More and more scientists, companies, and institutions are rushing to secure intellectual property rights for their ideas and inventions. This process frustrates many people; patent laws are constantly changing, and most books about them are either overly technical or boring. Protecting Your Ideas: The Inventor's Guide to Patents is a succinct, straightforward guide to the system. This guide presents the steps involved in obtaining patent protection for inventions. It is easy to read and brimming with essential information and advice compounded from FAQs posed by the author's academic and industrial clientele. The text includes tips, warnings, and examples that guide the reader through the invention process so patent rights are t jeopardized. Checklists and other helpful information are provided to assist the inventor preparing to enter the patent process. The book includes valuable resource information and business guidance to protect the inventor from consumer fraud that is sometimes associated with the patent process. Protecting and Idea is a must read for every engineer, scientist, or amateur inventor. Key Features * Simple, easy-to-read format demystifies the patent process * Numerous example patents help to illustrate the issues involved * Provides an overview of the types of intellectual property protection * Incorporates up-to-date information about U.S. patent laws * Advises inventors about the do's and don'ts of patenting * Includes useful resources for helping inventors safeguard their ideas
- Author BiographyJoy L. Bryant holds an M.A. in Applied Science-Patent Practice from the College of William and Mary and an M.S. in Polymer Science from the University of Akron. She is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as an agent. Bryant is currently in private practice in Virginia and is the Founder and President of the National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP), a nonprofit professional association for patent agents and attorneys. Prior to starting her own practice, Bryant was employed as a patent agent in the Office of Patent Counsel at NASA Langley Research Center and an industrial polymer chemist. She has also developed three commercial products, one of which is patented.
- Author(s)Joy L. Bryant
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/1998
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Note1
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.