All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe HIV epidemic presents a challenge to relief agencies working with displaced populations, both in the midst of emergencies and afterwards. In crisis situations people are vulnerable to the rapid speed of many infections, and rmal patterns of sexual behaviour are often disrupted, leading to increased transmission of sexual infections, including HIV.Based on the work done by the International Rescue Committee (IRC), this book shows how relief agencies, which will usually be present both during the crisis and post-emergency phases, can work with refugees and local people to minimise further spread of HIV and provide care and support to those affected.Protecting the Future covers all aspects of research, analysis and evaluation, and of establishing and maintaining a programme for HIV prevention and care. It will be invaluable to both humanitarian agency planners and managers, and to health professionals working in the field. It clearly explains how to integrate HIV prevention, care and support with the other work of humanitarian and relief agencies, and provides a wide range of resources: check lists; training exercises; participating activities; information gathering strategies and approaches; and a substantial list of resources and further reading.
- PublisherKumarian Press
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWest Hartford, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKumarian Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width215 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.