All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe protection of the public is the mission of all licensing and regulatory boards. The story of the chiropractic profession's journey to secure recognized status is captured in two volumes. Coauthored by ted historian Dr. Joseph C. Keating, Jr., and Donna M. Liewer, FCLB executive director, this work has many previously untold stories of the men and women who brought the profession to the legal status it enjoys today in many countries around the world.
- Author BiographyJoseph C. Keating, Jr. Dr. Keating earned his Ph.D. in clinical psychology and clinical research, and practiced as a clinical psychologist for 16 years. Eventually he found a home in the chiropractic colleges, where he worked as a clinical researcher, faculty member, administrator, and historian at Palmer College of Chiropractic-West, Northwestern College of Chiropractic, Western States Chiropractic College, and Los Angeles College of Chiropractic. Beginning in 1988 he served as a member of the board of directors of the National Institute of Chiropractic Research (NICR), a non-profit corporation whose mission involves fund-raising, grant-making and the conduct of research in chiropractic. He also served on the editorial board of several peer-reviewed, scholarly periodicals, including Clinical Chiropractic, the Chiropractic Journal of Australia, Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association and the Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics. Dr. Keating was a former president (1994-95) of the Association for the History of Chiropractic and served on its board of directors. He authored several hundred professional papers and several books. Dr. Keating was Homewood Professor of the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College during 1999-2002. The National University of Health Sciences awarded him an honorary degree, Doctor of Letters, in December 2004. Dr. Keating died in 2007. Donna M. Liewer An award winning graphic and fine artist, Donna Liewer is a Phi Beta Kappa scholar and honors graduate of the Colorado College in Colorado Springs. Following a series of professional positions in higher education and a United Way agency, Liewer found her home in chiropractic when she began working with the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners in 1983. In addition to serving as director of administration she also held the position of interim executive director for a year. After revamping a number of FCLB projects, in 1989 she was hired as executive director, a position she has held for over two decades. In 2006 she was awarded the Federation's highest individual honor, the George Arvidson Award for Meritorious Service to Regulation. Recently she was elected president of the Federation of Associations of Regulatory Boards, a federation of federations like the FCLB.
- Author(s)Donna M Liewer,Joseph C Keating,Jr
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byDr Joseph C Keating Jr,Dr Louis Sportelli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.