All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed volume focuses on methods for the characterization of aggregation processes that lead to the formation of amyloid fibrils and amyloid oligomers which feature in the etiology of a variety of human disorders collectively kwn as amyloidoses. The scope of the collection includes techniques for visualizing early steps on the amyloid formation pathway, methods for capturing and characterizing oligomeric, potentially toxic, intermediates, strategies for preparing and characterizing mature amyloid fibrils, and approaches for understanding templating and transmission of amyloid aggregates. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, the chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Protein Amyloid Aggregation: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for biochemists and biophysicists with an interest in elucidating the mechanisms of protein amyloid formation, as well as chemists, pharmacologists, and clinicians with an interest in leveraging an understanding of such mechanisms for the purpose of therapeutic development.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication11/10/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1345
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Eliezer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.