All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen I was asked to edit the second edition of Protein NMR Techniques, my first thought was that the time was ripe for a new edition. The past several years have seen a surge in the development of vel methods that are truly revolutionizing our ability to characterize biological macromolecules in terms of speed, accuracy, and size limitations. I was particularly excited at the prospect of making these techniques accessible to all NMR labs and for the opportunity to ask the experts to divulge their hints and tips and to write, practically, about the methods. I commissioned 19 chapters with wide scope for Protein NMR Techniques, and the volume has been organized with numerous themes in mind. Chapters 1 and 2 deal with recombinant protein expression using two organisms, E. coli and P. pastoris, that can produce high yields of isotopically labeled protein at a reasonable cost. Staying with the idea of isotopic labeling, Chapter 3 describes methods for perdeuteration and site-specific protonation and is the first of several chapters in the book that is relevant to studies of higher molecular weight systems. A different, but equally powerful, method that uses molecular biology to edit the spectrum of a large molecule using segmental labeling is presented in Chapter 4. Having successfully produced a high molecular weight target for study, the next logical step is data acquisition. Hence, the final chapter on this theme, Chapter 5, describes TROSY methods for stru- ural studies.
- Author(s)A. Kristina Downing
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 278
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight874 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.