All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood proteomics is one of the most dynamic and fast-developing areas in food science. The goal of this book is to be a reference guide on the principles and the current and future potential applications of proteomics in food science and techlogy. More specifically, the book will discuss recent developments and the expected trends of the near future in food proteomics. The book will be divided into two parts. The first part (7 chapters) will focus on the basic principles for proteomics, e.g., sample preparation, such as extraction and separation techniques, analytical instrumentation currently in use, and available databases for peptide and protein identification. The second part of the book (26 chapters) will focus on applications in foods. It will deal with quality issues related to post-mortem processes in animal foods and quality traits for all foods in general, as well as the identification of bioactive peptides and proteins, which are very important from the nutritional point of view. Furthermore, consumers are w extremely susceptible to food safety issues, and proteomics can provide reassurance with different safety aspects, such as food authenticity, detection of animal species in the food, and identification of food allergens. All of these issues will be covered in this book. It is also worth ting that both editors are internationally recognized experts in the field of food science, and both have edited numerous food science books and handbooks.
- Author BiographyFidel Toldra is a Research Professor at the Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos (CSIC), Valencia, Spain Leo M. L. Nollet is a Professor at the University College Ghent (Hogeschool Gent), Belgium
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Microbiology and Food Safety / Research and Development
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1069 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byFidel Toldra,Leo M. L. Nollet
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.