All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revolutionary discovery of thousands of confirmed and candidate planets beyond the solar system brings forth the most fundamental question: How do planets and their host stars form and evolve?Protostars and Planets VI brings together more than 250 contributing authors at the forefront of their field, conveying the latest results in this research area and establishing a new foundation for advancing our understanding of stellar and planetary formation. Continuing the tradition of the Protostars and Planets series, this latest volume uniquely integrates the cross-disciplinary aspects of this broad field. Covering an extremely wide range of scales, from the formation of large clouds in our Milky Way galaxy down to small chondrules in our solar system, Protostars and Planets VI takes an encompassing view with the goal of t only highlighting what we kw but, most importantly, emphasizing the frontiers of what we do t kw. As a vehicle for propelling forward new discoveries on stars, planets, and their origins, this latest volume in the Space Science Series is an indispensable resource for both current scientists and new students in astromy, astrophysics, planetary science, and the study of meteorites.
- Author BiographyHenrik Beuther is a scientific staff member at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg and is also associate professor at Heidelberg University. Ralf S. Klessen is professor for theoretical astrophysics at the Center for Astronomy at Heidelberg University, where he served as director of the Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics and as Dean of Study in the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy. Cornelis P. Dullemond is professor for theoretical astrophysics at the Center for Astronomy at Heidelberg University, where he currently serves as director of the Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics. Thomas Henning is director at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg leading its Planet and Star Formation Department. He is also professor at the University of Jena and honorary professor at the Heidelberg University.
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpace Science Series
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2449 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byCornelis P. Dullemond,Henrik Beuther,Ralf S. Klessen,Thomas Henning
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.