All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about ethcentric niche charter schools. What are they? When did they first appear? From where did the term come? How do they differ from regular charter schools and from district-run traditional public schools? Each subject chapter was created by a team consisting of at least one educational researcher and at least one charter school practitioner. The goal is to make the book readable for everyone (policymakers, parents, teachers, older students) while providing a framework of rigor from which to view each charter school. Hence: the teams. We took special pains to create a book which exhibits the objectivity of the educational researcher while, at the same time, inviting the reader into each school by painting a human picture of its ethos. Each chapter contains a description of the school told by people who actually taught or learned or sent their children there.
- Author BiographyRobert Fox, Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Hawaii, is Chair of the American Education Research Association's School Choice Special Interest Group, a Consulting Editor of the Journal of School Choice and co-Chairs the International Research Conference on School Choice and Reform which takes place every January in Florida. Nina Buchanan, an educational psychologist, is a Professor Emerita from the University of Hawaii. She has taught in grades kindergarten through graduate school students and is a founder of the West Hawaii Explorations Academy Public Charter School, a distinguished award-winning grades 6 - 12 school situated in the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii. She is a nationally recognized expert who has published articles on school choice, project-based learning and gifted and talented education.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight422 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNina K. Buchanan,Robert A. Fox
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.