All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a feast of memories for alumni of Little Rock's Catholic High School - and parochial educators everywhere. In April 2009, alumni and friends of Catholic High School for Boys will gather to toast and roast a favorite of the school's legendary faculty, Michael Moran, the author of Proudly We Speak Your Name . Only a stoic could complete a reading without a teary-eyed moment or two and many belly laughs. Faculty idiosyncrasies are recalled in this memoir, as are student antics. If it can happen within the walls of an all-boys high school, the author has probably seen it in his forty-one years of teaching. And he has probably reported on it in this book, which was written during his first year of 'retirement'. While the spirit is often light, Moran's book ends with a stirring tribute to the man who, though departed, still epitomizes the spirit of the place, the man whose name is w given to the school's street, Father George Tribou. Readers will leave Moran's account glad for the experience of following in his (remembered) footsteps.
- Author BiographyMichael Moran was a student at the original campus of Little Rock Catholic High School for Boys. A few years following graduation, he returned as a junior member of the faculty. He estimates that he has taught seven thousand young men during his forty-one years teaching English. A native of Kirkwood, Missouri, Moran lives in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Author(s)Michael Moran
- PublisherButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Content Note12 black & white photographs, index
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.