All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionGilles Deleuze (1925-1995) was Professor of Philosophy at the University of Paris VII. He is a key figure in poststructuralism and one of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century. In Proust and Signs, Deleuze explores the work of art. He approaches the narrative of Proust's masterpiece, A La Recherche du Temps Purdu, as the apprenticeship of a man of letters. his concern is to come to a deeper understanding of the book and of art itself by tracing the network of signs laid in the text. Admired at its original appearance as an imaginative and invative study of Proust and as one of Deleuze's most accessible works, this book stands as the writer's most sustained attempt to understand and explain the work of art.
- Author BiographyGilles Deleuze was Professor of Philosophy at the University of Paris VIII. Richard Howard teaches in the School of the Arts at Columbia University, USA. He has also translated works by Barthes, Foucault and Todorov.
- Author(s)Gilles Deleuze
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Impacts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight143 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byRichard Howard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.