Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNovel properties of engineered naparticles that make them attractive may also present unique exposure risks. The traditional physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling assumption of instantaneous equilibration likely does t apply to naparticles. This simulation-based research begins with development of a model that includes di usion, active transport, and carrier mediated transport. Eigenvalue analysis was used to examine model behavior to focus future research. Results show that cellular transport processes greatly a ect biokinetics of naparticles. The new paradigm established by this research leverages traditional in vitro, in vivo, and PBPK modeling, but includes area under the curve to bridge animal testing results to humans. This allows assessment of risk and assists in setting appropriate exposure limits. The model provides critical understanding of naparticle biokinetics and allows estimation of total exposure. This e ort highlights future research needs and demonstrates how modeling can be used as a tool to advance naparticle risk assessment.
- Author(s)Dirk P Yamamoto
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight381 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.