All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionKirsch demonstrates how the history of Project Plowshare was shaped by the specific issues and sentiments that influenced American nuclear and environmental policy during the 1950s and 1960s. But Kirsch also argues that the lessons learned from this case continue to hold relevance today. By exploring key issues of science and risk, Proving Grounds warns that kwledge production and environmental politics are still very much intimately, and dangerously, related.
- Author BiographyScott Kirsch is an assistant professor of geography at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)Dr. Scott Kirsch,Scott Kirsch
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight572 g
- Width170 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.