All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe biblical psalms are perhaps the most commented-upon texts in human history. They are at once deeply alluring and deeply troubling. In this addition to the acclaimed Brazos Theological Commentary on the Bible, a highly respected scholar offers a theological reading of Psalms 1-50, exploring the various voices in the poems to discern the conversation they engage about God, suffering, and hope as well as ways of community belonging. The commentary examines the context of the psalms as worship--tending to both their original setting and their subsequent Jewish and Christian appropriation--and explores the psychological dynamics facing the speaker. Foreword by William P. Brown.
- Author BiographyEllen T. Charry (PhD, Temple University) is Margaret W. Harmon Professor of Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary in Princeton, New Jersey. She is the author of several books, including God and the Art of Happiness, and serves as an editor-at-large for The Christian Century.
- Author(s)Margaret W Harmon Associate Professor of Systematic Theology Ellen T Charry
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBrazos Theological Commentary on the Bible
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrazos Press, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEphraim Radner,Michael Root,R Reno,Reverend George Sumner,Robert Jenson
- Foreword byProfessor William Brown
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.