Psychedelic Bubble Gum: Boyce & Hart, the Monkees, and Turning Mayhem into Miracles by Bobby Hart (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the man who wrote the music that outsold the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in 1967-1968, . Immerse yourself in Grammy, Golden Globe, and Academy Award minated songwriter Bobby Hart's world as he shares an exclusive glimpse into his life. Psychedelic Bubble Gum is the story behind his success, the rise of Boyce and Hart as musical goliaths, and their role in launching the Monkees to stardom. With unbending sincerity, Hart details a life of extravagance, betrayal, loss, disillusionment, and an unstoppable personal struggle to find balance, peace, and love. Psychedelic Bubble Gum is a rollercoaster ride through the 1960s and 70s America's whirlwind era of free speech, mysticism, and psychedelic pop culture packed with intimate behind-the-scenes encounters with pop star royalty. Psychedelic Bubble Gum is tempered by humor, honesty, and a singular understanding of the industry.
- Author BiographyBobby Hart has been called one of the worlds most prolific, successful and influential songwriters. As an Academy Award, Golden Globe and Grammy Award-nominated composer he has sung, written and/or produced highly successful songs for himself as well as bands like the Monkees. Hart wrote his first two top ten songs in 1964 with his best-known writing partner, Tommy Boyce. The duo wrote Hurt So Bad, Come A Little Bit Closer and Not Your Steppin Stone as well as the Monkees first hit single, Last Train to Clarksville and album, The Monkees. They also made numerous songs for television and motion pictures and spearheaded the Let Us Vote campaign, lobbying Congress to lower the voting age to eighteen. Bobby continues to write and administer his music publishing interests, while devoting more time and energy to his commitment to meditation, service to others, and public speaking. Glenn Ballantyne is a writer and entrepreneur. His songs and video productions are played around the world as well as his marketing and advertising plans. Glenn is actively involved in non-profit humanitarian organizations such as hospitals, childrens care centers, animal shelters, libraries, schools, economic development organizations and spiritual events. George Michael Micky Dolenz, Jr. is an American actor, musician, television director, radio personality and theater director, best known as the drummer and lead singer of the 1960s pop/rock music band the Monkees.
- Author(s)Bobby Hart
- PublisherSelect Books Inc
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelect Books Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byMicky Dolenz
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.