All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is very different from any medical textbook you've ever read...its greatest merit is to have single-handedly transformed the perception of psychiatry from that of Cinderella speciality to that of hottest speciality on offer. Following in the footsteps of the groundbreaking first edition, this second edition of Psychiatry is a comprehensive textbook of mental health that brings its subject alive with numerous case studies, images and photographs, and short references from the arts, history, and philosophy. These t only facilitate learning and memorisation, but also highlight the subjective experience of mental illness, and stimulate thought into the nature of the human experience. Based on extensive feedback from students and lecturers, this second edition places greater emphasis on psychological treatments, clinical skills, and exam success, and integrates more than 350 self-assessment questions. Other important features include: A clear and attractive layout with colour coding and colour images and photographs Learning objectives, boxed summaries, and self-assessment questions in every chapter Step-by-step coverage of the psychiatric history, mental state examination, and formulation, with an integrated account of the signs and symptoms of mental disorders and a model case history Clinical skills/OSCE boxes on competencies such as enquiring about delusions and hallucinations, assessing suicidal risk, and assessing capacity Greater coverage of psychiatric subspecialties An expanded chapter on the history of psychiatry with introductions to Freud and Jung Psychiatry is the perfect textbook for medical students, junior doctors, GPs, and all healthcare professionals needing a thorough account of mental disorders.
- Author BiographyDr Neel Burton is based at Green Templeton College, University of Oxford, where he regularly teaches medical students. He is author of Living with Schizophrenia (with Dr Phil Davison, Sheldon Press, 2007) and has won a number of teaching awards.
- Author(s)Neel Burton
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/12/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight508 g
- Width188 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.