All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this time of vulnerable marriages and partnerships, many couples seek help for their relationships. Psychoanalytic couple therapy is a growing application of psychoanalysis for which training is t usually offered in most psychoanalytic and analytic psychotherapy programs.This book is both an advanced text for therapists and a primer for new students of couple psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Its twenty-eight chapters cover the major ideas underlying the application of psychoanalysis to couple therapy, many clinical illustrations of cases and problems in various dimensions of the work. The international group of authors comes from the International Psychotherapy Institute based in Washington, DC, and the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR) in London. The result is a richly international perspective that netheless has theoretical and clinical coherence because of the shared vision of the authors.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Scharff, MD, is Chair of the International Psychoanalytical Association's Committee on Family and Couple Psychoanalysis; Chair of the Board, Founder and former Director of the the International Psychotherapy Institute, Washington, DC; and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Georgetown University and the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the journal 'Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy in China', and author and editor of numerous books and articles, including 'The Sexual Relationship', 'Object Relations Family Therapy' (with Jill Savege Scharff), 'Object Relations Couple Therapy', 'The Interpersonal Unconscious', and 'Psychoanalytic Couple Therapy'. Jill Savege Scharff, MD, FABP (USA), is Co-founder of the International Psychotherapy Institute; Supervising Analyst at the International Institute for Psychoanalytic Training; Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Georgetown University; and psychoanalyst and psychotherapist with individuals, couples and families in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Jill is an author, editor, and series editor of many books, several co-authored with David E. Scharff.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication17/01/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleThe Library of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid E. Scharff,Jill Savege Scharff
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.