All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPsychoanalytic Theory, Research and Clinical Practice: Reading Joseph D. Lichtenberg explores both Lichtenberg's psychoanalytic theoretical contributions and invations in clinical technique, and how these have influenced the work of other psychoanalysts and researchers. Lichtenberg's approach integrates a developmental perspective on the life cycle, self-psychology, attachment theory, and his theory of motivational systems. The commentaries in this volume are divided into several sections. Section One is devoted to informal interviews with Lichtenberg that portray an account of the evolution of psychoanalysis through Lichtenberg's eyes interwoven with the development of his own psychoanalytic identity. Section Two celebrates the role of friendship within his psychoanalytic circle, and Section Three highlights his leadership role in the development of creative structures: the journal Psychoanalytic Inquiry; The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis (ICP&P) and its training programs; and the ongoing Creativity Seminar. Additional sections provide commentary by psychoanalysts and researchers which demonstrate Lichtenberg's theoretical and clinical impact on his colleagues. Psychoanalytic Theory, Research and Clinical Practice provides an in-depth encounter with a major contributor to the psychoanalytic field. Engagement with the openness, flexibility, and inquiring spirit of Joseph D. Lichtenberg offers respect for and hope in the psychoanalytic process. This book is essential reading for psychoanalysts, mental health professionals, and graduate students interested in how theory, research and technique are creatively integrated by a rewned psychoanalytic clinician and teacher.
- Author BiographyLinda Gunsberg, Ph.D. is a psychoanalyst and forensic expert. She chairs the Family Law and Family Forensics Training Program at Washington Square Institute (NYC) and co-chairs the Psychoanalysis and Law Discussion Group of the American Psychoanalytic Association. Gunsberg is a Consulting Editor for Psychoanalytic Inquiry and has co-edited Fathers and Their Families and A Handbook of Divorce and Custody. Sandra G. Hershberg, M.D. is a psychoanalyst and adult and child psychiatrist. She is the Director of Psychoanalytic Training, Founding Member and Training and Supervising Analyst at the Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis in Washington, D.C. She is a Training and Supervising Analyst at the Washington Center for Psychoanalysis. Hershberg also serves as Associate Editor of the International Journal of Psychoanalytic Self Psychology and is a Consulting Editor for Psychoanalytic Inquiry.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLinda Gunsberg,Sandra Hershberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.