All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the psychological care of patients neglected in hospitals and health centres? What is the impact of this neglect? What type of psychological care is needed and how should it be organized? In this new guide, Keith Nichols examines the importance of psychological care for ill and injured people. The book gives practical advice to develop health professionals' personal clinical practice by providing a guide to the organization of psychological care and 'coaching' in the essential skills. Written in a tutorial style with an emphasis on clinical observation and case material that illustrates the psychological needs of patients and their partners, the book demonstrates that the neglect of psychological care for the ill and injured can undermine progress in treatment and recovery and increase medical costs. The need for urgent improvement is stressed. This book is an essential tool for all health care professionals who have regular patient contact, including nurses, doctors, the therapy professions, and clinical health psychologists.
- Author BiographyKeith Nichols is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology, University of Exeter, and Principal Clinical Psychologist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
- Author(s)Keith A. Nichols
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.