All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionPsychological Investigations lets readers listen in on one of the most exciting developments in psychology today as it is unfolding. With the current trend in therapy reflecting a movement away from traditional psychology and towards more postmodern psychologies, social therapy, a psychotherapeutic approach developed by Fred Newman, emerges as a qualitatively new way of doing therapy. Social therapy blends philosophy, the arts, and political concerns into a group approach that focuses on improved social functioning. Psychological Investigations provides insight into the revolutionary development of social therapy--an improvisational, investigatory, development-focused method of treatment. Featuring dialogues drawn from transcripts of teaching and supervisory sessions between Newman and therapists, the book presents a comprehensive guide to the core philosophical and political issues of social therapy and the social therapeutic group process. Instead of introspection and insight--traditional means to self-realization--Newman and social therapy encourages activity, involvement and commitment to causes larger than the individual ego.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLois Holzman,Rafael Mendez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.