Psychological Responses to Eating Disorders and Obesity: Recent and Innovative Work by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an edited book that brings together many of the most distinguished researchers and clinicians in the field of food misuse. The papers included are drawn from the conferences on psychological approaches to eating disorders and obesity held at the University of Hertfordshire in 2005 and 2006. It presents current research while focusing on the application of this new kwledge. It covers both eating disorders and obesity in one volume, thus positioning obesity firmly at one end of the food misuse continuum. Chapters will cover subjects such as psychological and cultural aspects of food use, using CBT for treating eating disorders, and CBT group therapy for obesity.
- Author BiographyJulia Buckroyd is Professor of Counseling at the University of Hertfordshire and Director of the Obesity and Eating Disorders Research Unit. The Unit was established in 2005 and focuses on the development of psychological responses to disordered eating of all kinds. She trained first as a counsellor and then as a psychotherapist and has worked clinically in the field of eating disorders since 1984. Her interest in obesity grew out of her work with eating disordered young women and she has brought to it many of the psychological perspectives current in that field. She began carrying out research into the treatment obesity in 1999 and has developed an ongoing portofo9lio of research projects. She has co-authored, with Sharon Rother, Therapeutic Groups for Obese Women (2007). Sharon Rother is a Lecturer in Counselling at the University of Hertfordshire and Research Coordinator for the Obesity and Eating Disorders research Unit. She completed an MA in Counselling Inquiry for which she investigated recovery in anorexics, She trained as a counsellor and currently continues a practice, specialising in working with eating disordered and obese people. She has worked in the field of obesity research with Julia Buckroyd since 2002. She has co-authored, with Julia Buckroyd, Therapeutic Groups for Obese Women (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight306 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJulia Buckroyd,Sharon Rother
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.