All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging Assumptions. Just because we think something doesn't make it true. Feist's accessible approach to science helps students challenge their assumptions, understand research, and recognize that in Psychology, it's t all black and white. Virtually all students enter Introductory Psychology with preconceived tions-many of them incorrect. Psychology: Perspectives and Connections is designed to move students beyond what may seem obvious to them, to have them reevaluate the thoughts and beliefs they bring to the course. Feist & Rosenberg challenge students: Don't believe everything you think! Students are encouraged to think critically and question preconceived tions, putting their ideas-and the ideas of others-to the test and understand that one perspective tells the whole story.
- Author BiographyGregory Feist is Associate Professor of Psychology in Adult Development at San Jose State University. Dr. Feist is widely published in the psychology of creativity, the psychology of science, and the development of scientific talent. One of his major goals is establishing the psychology of science as a healthy and independent study of science, along the lines of the history, philosophy, and sociology of science. His teaching efforts have been recognized by outstanding teaching awards at both UC Berkeley and UC Davis. Dr. Erika Rosenberg served on the faculties at the University of Delaware and the College of William and Mary and currently is a researcher at the Center for Mind and Brain at the University of California at Davis. Dr. Rosenberg is an emotions researcher, health psychologist, and teacher of meditation. Her research on emotion has examined how feelings are revealed in facial expressions, how social factors influence emotional signals, and how anger affects cardiovascular health. Her current research interests include collaborative studies that integrate Western psychology with Buddhist practices for improving emotional and cognitive functioning.
- Author(s)Erika Rosenberg,Gregory J. Feist
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1760 g
- Width223 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.