All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrime is an expensive aspect of society, and each year huge amounts of public money are spent on the courts, police, probation services, and prisons, while the human costs in terms of pain, fear and loss is incalculable. Psychology and Crime comprehensively covers the vital role of psychological theories and methods in understanding and managing criminal behaviour. It analyzes in depth the application of psychological findings to a range of serious crimes, such as arson, violent crime, and sexual crime. It examines the use of psychology by the police and the courts and discusses the role of psychology in crime-reduction strategies. Written by a leading authority on the subject and informed by over twenty years of teaching experience, the new edition of this successful text has been thoroughly revised and updated to take account of the most recent research in the field. New features also include: Expansive coverage of the development of criminal behaviour; Chapter summaries and end-of-chapter discussion points; Text boxes throughout, highlighting key issues, debates and brief histories. Psychology and Crime is an essential introduction and reference for undergraduate and postgraduate students in psychology, criminology, sociology and related subjects. It also represents an invaluable resource for professional training courses and anyone planning a career in the criminal justice system.
- Author BiographyClive R. Hollin is Professor of Criminological Psychology in the School of Psychology at the University of Leicester, UK. Alongside his various university appointments, he has worked as a psychologist in prisons, the Youth Treatment Service, special hospitals and regional secure units. He is a recipient of the Senior Award for Distinguished Contribution to the Field of Legal, Criminological and Forensic Psychology from the British Psychological Society.
- Author(s)Clive R. Hollin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight786 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.