Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike other gender texts, Psychology of Gender focuses equally on both men and women, drawing from empirical research and conceptual discussions.The book includes research and discussions surrounding gender in the areas of psychology, sociology, anthropology, medicine, and public health. It reviews the research from multiple perspectives, but emphasizes the implications of social roles, status, and gender-related traits, particularly for relationships and health-areas that are central to students' lives and that have a great impact on their day-to-day functioning. The text is designed for upper-level undergraduate/graduate-level gender-focused courses in a variety of departments.
- Author BiographyVicki S. Helgeson, accomplished scholar and teacher from Carnegie Mellon University, draws from research in the areas of psychology, sociology, anthropology, medicine, and public health to explore the roles that society has assigned to men and women. Other variables, such as sex, status, and gender-related traits, are addressed and contribute to the understanding of the individual in the social context in this exciting edition.
- Author(s)Vicki S. Helgeson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.