Psychometric Tests for Graduates: Gain the Confidence You Need to Excel at Graduate-level Psychometric and Management Tests by Andrea Shavick (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you a graduate? Looking for a brilliant job? Then you should kw that over 95 percent of the FTSE 100 companies use psychometric and management tests to select their graduate recruits, as do the police, the Civil Service, local authorities, the Armed Forces, the Fire Service, financial institutions, the motor industry, the IT industry - the list is endless. In fact, tests are w an integral part of the recruitment process for most medium-large sized organisations worldwide. So if you're looking for a job, you need this book! It includes: 37 genuine graduate-level practice tests from SHL Group plc, the biggest test publisher in the world; 227 questions covering verbal, numerical, abstract and spatial reasoning, mechanical comprehension, fault diagsis, accuracy and personality; and, genuine practice Brainstorm, Scenarios and Fastrack management tests. It also includes valuable advice on: online psychometric tests; researching your target employer; and, assessment centre visits (including role-plays, group discussions, in-tray exercises and presentations). This book gives you the three things you need to pass graduate-level psychometric and management tests: information, confidence, and plenty of practice. Contents: Introduction; I: WHAT ARE PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS; 1. What are Psychometric Tests?; 2. Why are Psychometric tests used?; 3. Researching your chosen organisation; 4. Online testing; 5. Assessment centres - a survival guide; II: THE PRACTICE TESTS; 6. Verbal reasoning; 7. Numerical reasoning; 8. Abstract reasoning; 9. Spatial reasoning; 10. Mechanical comprehension; 11. Fault diagsis; 12. Accuracy tests; 13. Combination tests; 14. Personality questionnaires; 15. Management tests; 16. What else do psychometric tests test?; III: PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS IN CONTEXT; 17. Psychometric tests in context; 18. Avoiding psychometric tests altogether; 19. Resources; Further Reading; Index.
- Author BiographyRecruitment expert Andrea Shavick is an established writer and broadcaster who has written numerous articles on job hunting, CV preparation and interview technique. She's also the author of Passing Psychometric Tests and Landing Your First Job.
- Author(s)Andrea Shavick
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations .
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.