Psychometrics: An Introduction by R. Michael Furr, Verne R. Bacharach (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $182.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $250.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Psychometrics, R Michael Furr and Verne R Bacharach centre their presentation of material around a conceptual understanding of psychometric issues, such as validity and reliability, and on purpose rather than procedure, the 'why' rather than the 'how to'. By emphasizing concepts over mathematical proofs and by focusing on practical significance, this book will assist students in appreciating t just how measurement problems can be addressed but why it is important to address them. The Second Edition has been thoroughly revised to improve the clarity and accessibility of key concepts and to increase the depth of discussions. Many new tables and figures have been added and the references have been significanly updated and expanded. An entirely new chapter on confirmatory factor analysis has also been added to this edition. This new chapter focuses on the use of CFA to evaluate measurement models, including in-depth discussion of the logic and interpretation of the process. Key features of this volume: - presents information in a clear, easy-to-read, conversational style: the authors introduce concepts in a way that is accessible to n-professionals without sacrificing the academic integrity of the material - highlights practical applications: intended to enhance readers' appreciation of the importance of psychometrics, the book provides examples that will resonate with students - offers an up-to-date treatment of topics in psychometrics: the book offers readers the most contemporary views of topics in psychometrics available in the n-technical psychometric literature - introduces statistical procedures in the context of their use rather than in a separate chapter: the authors integrate statistics with a discussion of their use as tools to solve particular psychometric problems, encouraging a more complete understanding of both.
- Author BiographyR. Michael Furr is Professor of Psychology and McCulloch Faculty Fellow at Wake Forest University, where he received the 2012 Award for Excellence in Research. His methodological work focuses on the measurement of similarity between psychological profiles, on the measurement of behavior, and on contrast analysis. His substantive research focuses on personality judgment and on the links between personality, situational forces, and behavior. He is a former associate editor of the Journal of Research in Personality , a former executive editor of the Journal of Social Psychology, and a consulting editor for several other scholarly journals. He has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in psychometrics, psychological testing, personality psychology, statistics, and research methods at Appalachian State University and Wake Forest University. Verne R. Bacharach is professor of psychology at Appalachian State University. He has held faculty appointments at the University of Alabama, Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, and Acadia University in Nova Scotia and has chaired the departments at Appalachian State and Acadia. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in statistics, tests and measurements, and research methods for nearly 40 years. He has a long journal publication history of research and review articles. Dr. Bacharach obtained a Ph.D. in experimental psychology from the University of Kansas in 1971.
- Author(s)R. Michael Furr,Verne R. Bacharach
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.