All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBariatric surgery plays an important role in the treatment of obesity; in this comprehensive resource the worldwide leaders of the field provide the most up-to-date information on the psychosocial issues that affect their patients. Included is an overview and history of surgical procedures, complete with illustrations, practical advice on topics such as physical activity and nutritional care after surgery, and essential information that allows clinicians to assist their clients as much as possible; for example, how pre-weight loss surgery psychosocial evaluations can serve as clinical interventions in their own right, and how structured interviews and questionnaires can be used in multiple contexts such as screening, treatment planning, and progstic assessment. A distinctive chapter includes an overview of the special issues present in treating adolescents, who increasingly are the target of bariatric surgery procedures. This book is an essential reference for clinicians from the evaluation through the follow-up and aftercare of bariatric surgery patients.
- Author BiographyJames E. Mitchell, MD, is the NRI/Lee A. Christoferson MD Professor and Chairman of the Department of Clinical Neuroscience at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He is also President and Scientific Director of the Neuropsychiatric Research Institute. Martina de Zwaan, MD, is Professor and Head of the Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy at the Hanover Medical School (MHH), Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight585 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames E. Mitchell,Martina de Zwaan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.