All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionPsychosocial problems appear within a medical context worldwide, and are a major burden to health. Psychosomatic Medicine: An International Primer for the Primary Care Setting takes a uniquely global approach in laying the foundations of bio psychosocial basic care (such as recognizing psychosocial and psychosomatic problems, basic counseling and collaboration with mental health specialists) and provides relevant information about the most common mental and psychosomatic problems and disorders. The scope of the book is intercultural-it addresses global cultures, subcultures living in a single country and strengthening the care given by physicians working abroad. This clinically useful book outlines best practices for diagsing the most common bio psychosocial problems and mastering the most common communication challenges (e.g. doctor-patient conversation, breaking bad news, dealing with difficult patients, family and health systems communication and collaboration). Every chapter integrates basic theoretical background and practical skills and includes trans-culturally sensitive material, important for work with patients from different cultures. Psychosomatic Medicine: An International Primer for the Primary Care Setting serves as an excellent resource for clinicians hoping to gain and develop kwledge and skills in psychosomatic medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 33 black & white tables, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKurt Fritzsche,Michael Wirsching,Susan H. McDaniel
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.