All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRigorously field-tested by on-the-ground clinicians, this guidebook provides an easy-to-use, evidence-based summary of using DBT to treat emotional disorders, or dysregulated affect. DBT is a type of therapy that weaves together the need for behaviour change (via cognitive behaviour therapy) and yet acceptance of a client's problems and troubled thoughts. This concise guide - one of five in the Psychotherapy Essentials To Go series - lays out the basics of DBT so any clinician can implement it. Self-questionnaires, case studies, role play transcripts, diagrams, exercises and worksheets make it easy for front-line case workers and therapists of all kinds to learn the fundamentals of this treatment modality and put it to use immediately.
- Author BiographyShelley McMain, PhD, a researcher, clinician, and educator, is head of the Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) Clinic as well as head of Personality Disorder Capacity Building and Research in the Women's Program at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. She is also Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. Carmen Wiebe, MD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, where she coordinates Dialectical Behavior Therapy education for the postgraduate program. She also works in the Borderline Personality Disorder Clinic at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. Robert Maunder, MD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto and head of research for Mount Sinai Hospital's Department of Psychiatry. His primary research interest is the role of interpersonal attachment on health. Paula Ravitz, MD, is Associate Professor, Morgan Firestone Psychotherapy Chair, and Associate Director of the Psychotherapy, Health Humanities, and Education Scholarship Division for the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, where she leads IPT training. She is also the director of the Mt. Sinai Psychotherapy Institute. Her clinical practice, teaching, and research focus on IPT and attachment informed psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Carmen Wiebe,Shelley McMain
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitlePsychotherapy Essentials to Go
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width166 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPaula Ravitz,Robert Maunder
- Contained items statementContains DVD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.