Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionBased on decades of evidence-based research and technical assistance, Public Administration and Disability: Community Services Administration in the US brings together the diverse, expert perspectives and discusses the leading efforts of the past three decades in the field of disability and community services. The book highlights the development of community service systems in the US, underlining the importance of deinstitutionalization, family and community support, user-directed and consumer-controlled community integration and inclusion, and universal and barrier-free design movements. An introduction to the field of community services administration, the book covers: * Theory and history * Leadership * Long-term support services in the US * Family support services * Housing and community * Employment and adult day programs * Comparative systems at the state level * Services at the city level * Issues in rural and independent living * Public and individual budgeting/finance * Contemporary workforce issues * Intergovernmental relations * Disability public policy and policy research * International agendas * Future The book explores a framework that would finally bring together the community and community development worlds. It describes models and theories of disability, long-term services and supports in communities, comparative community service systems and exemplary services, contemporary administrative areas, the national policy research and international human rights agendas, and the future of public administration, disability, and community in the global context. It provides a beginning point to consider what the disability field publicly kws and what can be done to develop a full conceptualization and actualization of the future of services and communities in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyJulie Ann Racino is a freelance writer and author of Policy, program evaluation and research in disability: Community support for all, published by the Haworth Press, among other books. She is currently a member of the American Society for the Advancement of Public Administration, and has served in numerous Associations (e.g., The Association of Persons with Severe Handicaps, the National Institute on Disability Research and Rehabilitation, American Association for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Consortium of Citizens with Disabilities, American Public Health Association, Museum of Science and Technology (the MOST), and Association for the Care of Children's Health).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJulie Ann Racino
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.