Public Education in New Mexico by Ernest S. Stapleton, John B. Monodragon (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $54.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis examination of key issues in New Mexico public education emphasises policies and trends that will remain dominant in shaping schools and curricula in the state. Educational reform is a constant in New Mexico, as is the influence of politics since nearly one-half of the state's budget goes to education. But several other significant themes emerge. The vignettes included throughout the text are included to offer human interest touches to our New Mexico story. The state's multicultural heritage, for example, has left a lasting imprint on public education in the shape of bilingual education and the guarantee of funding regardless of socio-ecomic and ethnic differences from district to district. The federal presence that shapes so much of New Mexico also affects funding for education, from Bureau of Indian Affairs schools to meals for disadvantaged children. As elsewhere in the nation, New Mexico's school operations in general and curricular policy in particular require an increasingly challenging balancing act in which educators must comply with federal and state mandates while responding to demands for accountability from media, business, and local special interest groups. Designed for use in classes to prepare teachers, principals, and superintendents as well as specialists on the politics and financing of education, this long-needed book will also be useful as a reference and brief history for educational leaders, school board members, public education department personnel, education commission members, legislators, goverrs, parents, and special interest groups.
- Author BiographyJohn B Mondragon is a professor in the College of Education at the University of New Mexico. He had a long and distinguished tenure as a public school administrator. Ernest S Stapleton is a professor in the College of Education at the University of New Mexico, and had a long and distinguished tenure as a public school administrator.
- Author(s)Ernest S. Stapleton,John B. Monodragon
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight414 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.