All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an analysis of Caribbean fiscal problems, with particular emphasis on the relationship between high levels of public expenditure and balance of payments problems. The study examines deficit financing, public expenditure growth, and IMF stabilization policies. Other issues raised relate to income distribution and problems of taxation and tax reform. The work focuses on Jamaica, Guyana, Barbados, and Trinidad and Tobago. The ecomies of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States are also considered. This work will interest scholars in ecomics and ecomic policy-making, especially those in developing countries.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL HOWARD is a senior lecturer in the Department of Economics, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados. He has served as deputy dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and president of the Barbados Economics Society. His main research interests are in the areas of public finance, monetary economics, and development economics. He has published Dependence and Development in Barbados (1989), as well as a number of articles in academic journals on fiscal and monetary issues.
- Author(s)Michael Howard
- Date of Publication24/11/1992
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.