All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPublic Health Mini-Guides: Alcohol Misuse provides up-to-date, evidence-based information in a convenient pocket-sized format. Alcohol Misuse is a major public health concern in the UK, and its impact is significant on a global scale. This Mini-Guide presents resources, research and examples relating to this challenge, exploring the causes of alcohol misuse along with the approaches to reduce alcohol problems at both individual and population levels.
- Author BiographyKen Barrie has over thirty years' experience in the field of alcohol and drug issues working in the practical setting (within specialist and non-specialist addiction services) as well as the higher education and research environment. Ken has acted in a consultant and expert capacity to the courts, media, government and professional bodies (Scottish Inter-Collegiate Guidelines Network, SIGN) on matters concerning alcohol/drugs and the effectiveness of policy and interventions in reducing associated harm. In collaboration with colleagues, he has also developed and run international conferences on addiction, hosted by the UWS and, on occasion, in partnership with the Association of Nurses in Substance Abuse. The problems of alcohol/drug use fascinates Ken, both from a practical as well as research point-of-view. Overall, he is interested in improving the lot of people with drug and alcohol related problems. This interest ranges from improved interventions and services for sufferers of addiction as well as effective social and health policy, which may prevent or reduce harm, but also minimise the stigma which individuals may endure. Angela Scriven is a Reader in Health Promotion at Brunel University in London, UK. She has been teaching and researching in the field of health promotion for over 30 years and has published widely including authoring, editing or co-editing the following books Health Promotion Alliances: Theory and Practice (1998); Health Promotion: Professional Perspectives (1996; 2001 2nd edn); Promoting Health: Global Perspectives (2005); Health Promoting Practice: The Contribution of Nurses and Allied Health Professionals (2005); Public Health: Social Context and Action (2007); Promoting Health: A Practical Guide (2010); Health Promotion for Health Practitioners (2010); Health Promotion Settings: Principles and Practice (2012). Her research is centred on the relationship between health promotion policy and practice within specific contexts. She is a member of the International Union of Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE), is President Elect for the Institute of Health Promotion and Education (IHPE) and is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
- Author(s)Angela Scriven,Ken Barrie
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitlePublic Health Mini-Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight159 g
- Width122 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byAngela Scriven
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.