All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic Health Mini-Guides: Diabetes provides up-to-date, evidence-based information in a convenient pocket-sized format. Diabetes is a worldwide public health concern and is being referred to as the 'global epidemic of diabetes', the 'silent epidemic' and the 'diabetes timebomb'. The increasing incidence of diabetes, the heavy burden of morbidity and mortality associated with diabetes, and its spiralling healthcare costs, underpin the importance of a public health approach to the prevention and management of diabetes. This Mini-Guide explores in more detail how public health practice might address some of these issues.
- Author BiographyJosie Evans is a Reader in Public Health in the School of Health Sciences, University of Stirling. She works within the Centre for Public Health and Population Health where she leads a team on Epidemiology, with a special focus on diabetes. She has published widely on the epidemiology of type 2 diabetes, the outcomes of different treatments in diabetes and self-management behaviours. Much of her work involves the analysis of large routinely collected health datasets. Josie teaches on the Masters in Research within the School of Health Sciences and is also the Research Postgraduate Tutor. Angela Scriven is a Reader in Health Promotion at Brunel University in London, UK. She has been teaching and researching in the field of health promotion for over 30 years and has published widely including authoring, editing or co-editing the following books Health Promotion Alliances: Theory and Practice (1998); Health Promotion: Professional Perspectives (1996; 2001 2nd edn); Promoting Health: Global Perspectives (2005); Health Promoting Practice: The Contribution of Nurses and Allied Health Professionals (2005); Public Health: Social Context and Action (2007); Promoting Health: A Practical Guide (2010); Health Promotion for Health Practitioners (2010); Health Promotion Settings: Principles and Practice (2012). Her research is centred on the relationship between health promotion policy and practice within specific contexts. She is a member of the International Union of Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE), is President Elect for the Institute of Health Promotion and Education (IHPE) and is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
- Author(s)Angela Scriven,Josie Evans
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitlePublic Health Mini-Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChurchill Livingstone
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Series Edited byAngela Scriven
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.