All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionA ground breaking text in the developing field of public health nutrition.' from the foreword by Basil S. Hetzel At last! A book that approaches public health nutrition in a scholarly, scientific and evidence based manner that at the same time delivers the practical competencies and skills required by the professional Public Health Nutritionist.' Elizabeth Belton, Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, The Robert Gordon University. How can the nutritional health of populations be improved through action at local, national and global levels? The work of public health nutritionists is to bring population-wide perspectives to the relationship between food and health. Systematically drawing on international research, in Public Health Nutrition leading international practitioners present both the theoretical underpinnings and applied nature of the field of public health nutrition. The book is peer reviewed and divided into four sections: * Principles - presents conceptual frameworks, solutions, responsibilities and outcome measures, philosophical and evidential dimensions, standards and dietary guidelines. * Populations - explores groups for whom nutrition is especially relevant, providing analysis of the food and health relationship from physiological, social, cultural, political and ecomic perspectives. * Priorities - examines key issues including vulnerable populations, obesity, indigeus nutrition, international nutrition, the nutritional transition, food system trends and sustainability. * Practices - covers professional skills for public health practitioners including monitoring the food and nutrition situation of populations, physical activity, research skills, project management, professional practice, health promotion and communication, policy and politics. Public Health Nutrition is an essential resource for public health practitioners, researchers and administrators, as well as students of nutrition, dietetics and public health wishing to obtain advanced and specialised competencies.
- Author BiographyMark Lawrence BSc (Hons), Grad Dip Nut + Diet, Grad Dip Epidem and Biostats, M.Sc, PhD is Associate Professor in Public Health Nutrition in the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University. He is a steering committee member for the New Nutrition Science project and a member of the drafting committee for the constitution of the World Public Health Nutrition Association. Tony Worsley BSc (Hons) PhD is Professor of Public Health Nutrition and Head of the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University. He is a Co-Executive Editor of Appetite.
- Author(s)Anthony Worsley,Basil S. Hetzel
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight856 g
- Width175 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMark Lawrence
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.