All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'At last! A book that approaches public health nutrition in a scholarly, scientific and evidence based manner that at the same time delivers the practical competencies and skills required by the professional Public Health Nutritionist' - Elizabeth Belton, Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, The Robert Gordon University. How can the nutritional health of populations be improved through action at local, national and global levels? The work of public health nutritionists is to bring population-wide perspectives to the relationship between food and health. Systematically drawing on international research, Public Health Nutrition brings leading international practitioners together to explore and explain the theoretical underpinnings and applied nature of the field of public health nutrition. With contributions from the UK, Europe, Australia and the USA, this textbook reflects a major new contribution to the field.The book is divided into the following four sections: Principles - presents a conceptual framework, guiding principles, solutions, responsibilities and outcome measures, philosophical and evidential dimensions, standards and dietary guidelines; Populations - explores groups for whom nutrition is especially relevant, providing analysis of the food and health relationship from physiological, social, cultural, political and ecomic perspectives; Priorities - examines key issues including vulnerable populations, obesity, indigeus nutrition, international nutrition, food system trends and sustainability; and, Practices - covers professional skills for public health practitioners including policy and politics, assessment of nutritional status, physical activity, research skills, project management, professional practice, health promotion and communication. Public Health Nutrition is an essential resource for public health practitioners, researchers and administrators, as well as students of nutrition, dietetics and public health.
- Author BiographyMark Lawrence is Senior Lecturer in food policy and regulation in the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University. He is currently working with WHO in the Asia-Pacific region investigating the use of regulatory approaches to support obesity prevention programs in the context of the World Trade Organization Agreement. Tony Worsley is Professor of Public Health Nutrition in the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University. He is a member of the Australian Academy of Sciences' Nutrition Committee; and he is a Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) Scientific Fellow. He is Co-Executive Editor of Appetite and Editor in Chief of the International Journal for Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity.
- Author(s)Mark Lawrence,Tony Worsley
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width69 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.