Public Health for the 21st Century: New Perspectives on Policy, Participation and Practice by Pat Taylor, Melanie Grey, Judy Orme, Jane Powell (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $81.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is a timely and comprehensive review of the new public health. The book demonstrates a capacity and readiness of the public health community to engage the population to achieve the 'fully engaged scenario' that remains the major health challenge for the UK. Replacing 'political restlessness' with political resolve might be the key ingredient that has been missing' - Tribune. 'The second edition of this text is a very welcome addition to the public health library. The sweep of its interests and the vision it encapsulates marks it out as a true standard bearer for public health into the 21st Century. Its approach is comprehensive and its subject matter compelling. In spite of the challenges ahead for public health, the book reminds us of the quality of those practicing and writing about the subject in the UK today' - Mike Kelly, Director of the Centre for Public Health Excellence, The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). This bestselling book has been substantially updated to take account of changing policy and practice. The introduction has been re-written to form a new chapter giving a comprehensive overview of the field of public health, making the book much more accessible to a wider audience. Throughout this book, the authors analyse and reflect upon the influence of history, research and procedures upon contemporary public health practice. The text explores the debates surrounding the meaning of public health and looks at the policy changes that are reshaping its context. It also examines the contributions that epidemiology and health ecomics make to public health. Public Health for the 21st Century is essential reading for those involved in developing and implementing policies for health improvement, health protection and the reduction of inequalities in health. It also appeals to a wider audience of professionals, lay people and students who are interested in the wider health and well being of their communities.
- Author BiographyJudy Orme is Reader in Public Health and Director of the Centre for Public Health Research in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Jane Powell is Programme Leader for the MSc Public Health and Senior Lecturer in Health Economics in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Pat Taylor is Faculty Lead for User Involvement and Senior Lecturer in Health and Social Care in the Faculty of Health and Social Care at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Melanie Grey is Principal Lecturer in Environmental Health and Head of the School of Environmental and Interdisciplinary Sciences in the Faculty of Applied Sciences at the University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Author(s)Jane Powell,Judy Orme,Melanie Grey,Pat Taylor
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width68 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.