All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic libraries must function in a time of limited funding, increasing techlogy, and shifting demographics and client needs. To fulfill their role, libraries must manage change through effective planning. This book analyzes case studies of planning at several representative libraries, illustrating how formal planning procedures are adapted to changing circumstances. The study is based primarily on interviews with staff members at each site, drawing wherever possible on their own words and on related documents and surveys. The heart of the book is a set of narrative descriptions of the planning process at various representative libraries. Additional chapters draw on this material to evaluate the planning process and its organization, the planning documents produced, the social aspects of planning, and the benefits of the process. The volume looks at how planning evolved at each site, the kinds of problems encountered and how they were solved, and the effects of planning on the organization. The book emphasizes the complexity of planning, the variety of perspectives held by staff members, and the relationship between planning and the library's local environment.
- Author BiographyBRETT SUTTON is an Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In addition to his graduate degree in library science, he has a doctorate in anthropology. His articles have appeared in journals such as Library and Information Science Research, Library Quarterly, Libraries and Culture, and Library Administration and Management.
- Author(s)Brett Sutton
- Date of Publication23/05/1995
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibraries Unlimited Library Management Collection
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.