All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis diverse new collection of essays, written by scholars, practitioners, and public-land managers, considers the history of public park design, as well as the parks themselves as repositories of cultural values. The contributors discuss European influences on early American parks, the peculiar nature of U.S. regional parks, the effect of the automobile on the outdoor recreational experience, and--in an international context--parks and national identity.Contributors: Tal Alon-Mozes, Israel Institute of Techlogy * Catherin Bull, University of Melbourne * Theodore Catton, University of Montana * Esther da Costa Meyer, Princeton University * Timothy Davis, U.S. National Park Service * Elizabeth Flint Engle, Western Center for Historic Preservation, Grand Teton National Park * Christine Madrid French, independent scholar * Heidi Hohmann, Iowa State University * John Dixon Hunt, University of Pennsylvania * Brian Katen, Virginia Tech * Richard Longstreth, George Washington University * Neil M. Maher, New Jersey Institute of Techlogy * Catharina Nolin, Stockholm University * Nicole Porter, University of Nottingham * Elizabeth Barlow Rogers, Foundation for Landscape Studies * Katherine Solomonson, University of Minnesota * Lucienne Thys-?ecak, Koc University, Istanbul.
- Author BiographyEthan Carr, Associate Professor at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA is the author of Wilderness by Design. Shaun Eyring is Chief of the Division of Resource Planning and Compliance of the Northeast Region for the National Park Service, USA. Richard Guy Wilson, Commonwealth Professor in Architectural History at the University of Virginia, USA is coeditor, with Shaun Eyring and Kenny Marotta, of Re-creating the American Past: Essays on the Colonial Revival.
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byEthan Carr,Richard Guy Wilson,Shaun Eyring
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.