All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmid changing ecomic and social contexts, radical changes have occurred in public higher education policies over the past three decades. Public Policy and Higher Education provides readers with new ways to analyze these complex state policies and offers the tools to examine how policies affect students' access and success in college. Rather than arguing for a single approach, the authors examine how policymakers and higher education administrators can work to inform and influence change within systems of higher education using research-based evidence along with consideration of political and historical values and beliefs. Special Features: * Case Studies-allow readers to examine strategies used by different types of colleges to improve access and retention. * Reflective Exercises-encourage readers to discuss state and campus context for policy decisions and to think about the strategies used in a state or institution. * Approachable Explanations-unpack complex public policies and financial strategies for readers who seek understanding of public policy in higher education. * Research-Based Recommendations-explore how policymakers, higher education administrators and faculty can work together to improve quality, diversity, and financial stewardship. This textbook is an invaluable resource for graduate students, administrators, policymakers, and researchers who seek to learn more about the crucial contexts underlying policy decisions and college access.
- Author BiographyEdward P. St. John is Algo D. Henderson Collegiate Professor of Higher Education at the University of Michigan, USA. Nathan Daun-Barnett is Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy at the University of Buffalo, The State University of New York, USA. Karen M. Moronski-Chapman is a doctoral candidate in the Center for the Study of Higher & Postsecondary Education at the University of Michigan, USA.
- Author(s)Edward P. St. John,Karen M. Moronski-Chapman,Nathan Daun-Barnett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleCore Concepts in Higher Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.