All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestment in infrastructure is critical to ecomic growth, quality of life, poverty reduction, access to education, healthcare, and achieving many of the goals of a robust ecomy. But infrastructure is difficult for the public sector to get right. Public-private partnerships (PPPs) can help; they provide more efficient procurement, focus on consumer satisfaction and life cycle maintenance, and provide new sources of investment, in particular through limited recourse debt. But PPPs present challenges of their own. This book provides a practical guide to PPPs for policy makers and strategists, showing how governments can enable and encourage PPPs, providing a step-by-step analysis of the development of PPP projects, and explaining how PPP financing works, what PPP contractual structures look like, and how PPP risk allocation works in practice. It includes specific discussion of each infrastructure sector, with a focus on the strategic and policy issues essential for successful development of infrastructure through PPPs.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Delmon is a senior infrastructure specialist at the World Bank in Washington, DC. He is the author or coauthor of six other titles on key aspects of infrastructure finance, including the context of international development. Prior to joining the Bank, Dr Delmon worked for private firms advising investors, lenders and governments across the globe on PPPs and project finance for sectors such as power, transport, water and telecoms. He holds a JD degree from the University of Denver, a DEA from the University of Paris II and a Ph.D. from King's College, University of London.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Delmon
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.