All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe case studies in this book, many of which have won national or international awards, represent an impressive scope of public relations practice - from public diplomacy to corporate social responsibility to community relations to tourism to fundraising. As edited by a public relations educator recognized as Educator of the Year and two former chairs of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management, these chapters take a significant step toward overcoming the dearth of published case studies in public relations beyond North America. They include best practices of multinational corporations, n-governmental organizations and governmental agencies in Poland, Iran, South Africa, Japan, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, Slovenia, and Finland. Written by established scholars and professionals who had access to some of the world's most intriguing and influential cases of organizational communication, these studies will be of tremendous interest to all who teach, study, and practice public relations around the world.
- Author BiographyJudy VanSlyke Turk (PhD, APR, Fellow PRSA) is a professor emerita in the Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is co-author of This Is PR: The Realities of Public Relations. She received the Pathfinder Award in 2005 from the Institute of Public Relations in recognition of lifetime research and publications, the Educator Mentorship Award from the Plank Center for Public Relations Leadership in 2013, and was named Educator of the Year by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) in 1992. Jean Valin (BA, APR, Fellow CPRS) is a senior executive practitioner and a founding member of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management. He has received several awards, among them the David Ferguson Award for Outstanding Contributions to Public Relations Education from the Educators Academy of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). In 2013-2014 he was co-chair of the Commission on Public Relations Education. John Paluszek (APR, Fellow PRSA) is senior counsel at Ketchum, specializing in reputation management and corporate social responsibility. Past chair of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management and past national president of the Public Relations Society of America, he is the recipient of the 2010 PRSA Atlas Award, conferred for lifetime achievement in international public relations.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight660 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJean Valin,John Paluszek,Judy VanSlyke Turk
- Foreword byAnne Gregory
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.