All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile public relations practitioners have long focused on the relationship between organizations and their stakeholders, there has never been a time when that relationship was so dominated by public participation. The new model of multiple messages originating from multiple publics at varying levels of engagement is widely ackwledged, but t widely explored in scholarly texts. The established model of one-way communication and message control longer exists. Social media and an increasingly participatory culture means that fans are taking a more active role in the production and co-creation of messages, communication, and meaning. These fans have significant power in the relationship dynamic between the message, the communicator, and the larger audience, yet they have t been defined using current theory and discourse. Our existing conceptions fail to identify these active and engaged publics, let alone understand virtual communities who are highly motivated to communicate with organizations and brands. This invative and original research collection attempts to address this deficit by exploring these interactive, engaged publics, and open up the complexities of establishing and maintaining relationships in fan-created communities.
- Author BiographyNatalie T. J. Tindall is Associate Professor, Georgia State University, USA Amber L. Hutchins is the Robert D. Fowler Endowed Chair in Communication, Kennesaw State University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleRoutledge New Directions in Public Relations & Communication Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmber Hutchins,Natalie T. J. Tindall
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.