Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with a brief history of public education in the U.S., Public Schooling in America examines traditional and progressive movements and the current goal of combining educational excellence with equality of access. The author discusses major contemporary issues such as how schools are financed, safety and order, creationism and secular humanism, censorship, trends in enrollment, and many other topics. Coverage includes a chrology describing salient events since 1635; biographical sketches of past and present key individuals; an antated guide to education centers, associations, organizations, and agencies; and antated bibliographies of reference materials and journals in education.
- Author BiographyRichard D. Van Scotter is director of education for Junior Achievement, Inc.in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Author(s)Richard D.van Scotter
- PublisherABC-CLIO Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1991
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleContemporary World Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintABC-CLIO Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.