All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic Transport is a comprehensive textbook covering the planning of all public transport systems (bus, coach, rail, taxi and domestic air travel) in Britain and other countries with similar systems. The term 'planning' is used both in the context of local authority and central government roles and in the work done by transport operators for example, network structures, vehicle type selection. In addition to the various types of transport, the differing needs of the urban, rural and long distance markets are examined. This restructured new edition gives greater emphasis to service quality and marketing issues as well as covering recent changes in legislation, statistics and research findings. Public Transport is of particular interest to transport planners in local authorities and consultancies, managers in transport operations, as well as undergraduates and MSc students of transport planning and those studying for the membership examinations of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Author BiographyPeter White is Professor of Public Transport Systems, Department of Transport Studies, School of Architecture and the Built Environment, University of Westminster, UK.
- Author(s)Peter R. White
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleThe Natural and Built Environment Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight364 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.