All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past fifteen years, the optimal enforcement of EU competition law has become a major concern. This book contains a unique collection of articles by lawyers and ecomists on current issues in the public and private enforcement of competition law. Public enforcement has been strengthened in numerous ways - for example, through the introduction of a leniency programme and a substantial increase in fines for competition law violations. At the same time the EU Commission has been promoting private enforcement - for example, by developing a legal framework that grants victims of EU antitrust law infringements access to compensation. The contributions in this book address a range of topics in the area of competition law enforcement, including the role of fines and leniency programmes in public enforcement; access to evidence and the quantification of damages in private enforcement; and the interaction between public and private enforcement of competition law in Europe.
- Author BiographyHeike Schweitzer holds the chair for private law, European economic law and competition law at the University of Mannheim and is director of the Leibniz Science Campus Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI). Before joining the Mannheim law faculty, she held the chair for competition law at the European University Institute (Florence, Italy). Her research focus lies in the area of competition law, including competition and regulation of liberalised industries, state aid law and public procurement law. Kai Huschelrath is head of the Research Group Competition and Regulation at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim and coordinator of the Leibniz Science Campus Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI). Since April 2009 he is Assistant Professor of Industrial Organization and Competitive Strategy at the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleZEW Economic Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight596 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHeike Schweitzer,Kai Huschelrath
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.