All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe author was drawn into the United States Army through ROTC, and went through training to fly helicopters in combat over Vietnam. His experiences are table because he flew both Huey 'Slicks' and Huey 'Gunships': the former on defense as he flew troops into battle, and the latter on offense as he took the battle to the enemy. Through this book, the author relives his experiences flying and fighting, with special attention given to his and other pilots' day-to-day lives - such as the smoke bombing of Disneyland, the nickname given to a United States Army - sponsored compound for prostitution. Some of the pilots Joyce served with survived the war and went on to have careers with commercial airlines, and many were killed.
- Author BiographyJames Joyce, president and owner of Green Mountain International, a manufacturer of products for the construction industry, has written numerous articles for newspapers such as the Durango Herald and the Chicago Tribune. He lives in Waynesville, North Carolina.
- Author(s)James Joyce
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, index
- Weight490 g
- Width187 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.