All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionFive-year-old Josh loves dogs. He lives in a cozy house with a pretty garden, but the one thing that's missing is a doggie! One day, Josh's Auntie Lise brings over a homeless dog for him but forgets to mention: Sadie cant use her back legs, so she has a cart with wheels to help her get around. When Josh sees Sadie, he is confused. He has a never seen a dog with wheels before. Auntie Lise and Mommy explain Sadie's challenge to Josh. Acceptance is Josh's first lesson. From the very first meeting, Sadie and Josh become close friends. Josh does t expect too much from Sadie, but he is pleasantly surprised when she happily retrieves the ball and gobbles up biscuits like any fun-loving dog. Sadie brings many questions to the surface, such as fostering, adoption, disability, and care giving. Mommy and Auntie Lise answer all Josh's questions until he and young readers thoroughly understand that these issues are an everyday part of life. It's t all smooth sailing for Josh and Sadie. When they face a problem, Josh takes responsibly and saves the day. Soon eugh, Josh and Sadie realize the can rely on each other.
- Author BiographyLinda Simon's house is always full of dogs. No matter in which state or country she and her family live or travel, so do the family dogs. Even when Linda's daughter, Michelle, attended the Sorbonne in Paris, her little Yorkie, Annabelle, was at her side. The real Sadie was born in England and sailed to America on the QE2. Due to a birth defect, Sadie really did have wheels and only one eye, yet in the whole world there could never be a sweeter, happier, more loving, or hungry Pug than Sadie. Linda and Michelle devote time to Lhasa Happy Homes rescue group in Santa Monica, CA. Joined by their current adoptee, Izzy, a Brussels Griffon, they walk every year to raise money for homeless dogs. Linda was born and raised in San Francisco and has a degree in photography from the San Francisco Art Institute. She and her husband, David, live in Malibu, CA, with Izzy, a little heartbeat at Linda's feet. Her favorite breed is rescue.
- Author(s)Linda Simon
- PublisherHeritage Builders
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePug on Wheels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeritage Builders
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight142 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.