All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pulse of a Malaysian University discloses the research agendas of language scholars at a Southeast-Asian university, allowing western readers to gain deeper kwledge of an Asian perspective on language issues. In Part A, five authors address diverse ethlinguistic/sociolinguistic issues such as the Minangkabau Pasambahan, media response to terrorism, negotiation discourse, bilingualism, and status of foreign languages. In Part B, four writers focus on the teaching of English in Malaysia with emphasis on grammar, reading, writing, and literature. Altogether, these essays feature important cultural and linguistic data revealing the range of insight and kwledge that Malaysian/Indonesian professionals possess on such issues.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Rodolfo Jacobson obtained degrees from the University of Panama and the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He held professorial appointments at Cortland's State University of New York College and at The University of Texas at San Antonio from which he retired in 1986 with the rank of Emeritus. He was Visiting Professor at Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Malaysia. Swee Heng Chan is Professor in the Department of English, Faculty of Modern Languages and Communication, Universiti Putra Malaysia. Her main research interests are in the areas of writing, discourse analysis, and language testing. She has published widely contributing to journals, books, book chapters, stories, modules, and other short articles. Abdullah Ain Nadzimah teaches a variety of undergraduate- and post-graduate-level linguistics courses in the Department of English, Faculty of Modern Languages and Communication, Universiti Putra Malaysia. Her research interest is primarily in language planning and policy, but she has also worked on bilingualism and the issue of language choice.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAbdullah Ain Nadzimah,Rodolfo Jacobson,Swee Heng Chan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.