Pulse-width Modulated DC-DC Power Converters by Marian K. Kazimierczuk (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $194.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $156.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book studies switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) in great detail. This type of converter changes an unregulated DC voltage into a high-frequency pulse-width modulated (PWM) voltage controlled by varying the duty cycle, then changes the PWM AC voltage to a regulated DC voltage at a high efficiency by rectification and filtering. Used to supply electronic circuits, this converter saves energy and space in the overall system. With concept-orientated explanations, this book offers state-of-the-art SMPS techlogy and promotes an understanding of the principle operations of PWM converters, as well as enabling the reader s to evaluate their characteristics. Design-orientated analysis (including a steady-state analysis for both continuous and discontinuous conduction modes) and numerous real-world practical examples (including circuit models of the PWM converters) demonstrate how to design these from scratch. The book provides an in-depth presentation of topologies of PWM DC-DC power converters, voltage- and current-mode control of PWM DC-DC power converters, considers power losses in all components, device stresses, output voltage ripple, converter efficiency and power factor correction (PFC). It also includes extensive coverage of the following: topologies of high-efficiency switching-mode PWM and soft-switching DC-DC power converters; DC voltage transfer functions (conversion ratios), component values, losses, efficiency, and stresses; small-signal averaged circuit models; current-mode and voltage-mode feedback controls; metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect power transistors (MOSFETs); silicon (Si) and silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductor devices. Before w, there has been book that covers silicon carbide devices. Pulse-width Modulated DC-DC Power Converters is a comprehensive textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of electrical, electronics, and telecommunications engineering. It includes end-of-chapter review questions, problems, and thorough summaries of the key concepts to aid learning, and a Solutions Manual is available for professors. Scientists and practicing design engineers working with SMPS, within such applications as computers, telecommunications, industrial systems, automobile electronics, medical equipment, aerospace power techlogy, and radars (amongst others) will also find this text insightful.
- Author BiographyProfessor Marian K. Kazimierczuk is at the Department of Electrical Engineering,Wright State University. Over 22 years, Professor Kazimierczuk has taught three highly attended graduate courses in the area of high-frequency power electronics. Enrolment has steadily increased so that his course today has the largest graduate in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Wright State University. Professor Kazimierczuk has won the Excellence in Teaching Award several times, has over thirty years experience researching power electronics amplifiers, and holds seven patents. His Science Citation Index is over 1000, one of the highest in the field. As well as being published in over 110 papers in the IEE Transactions and over 150 papers in the IEEE international conferences on power conversion, he has written three textbooks. An IEEE Fellow, Kazimierczuk has served as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems several times, and is currently Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. He has twice been a Chair of the Technical Committee of Power Electronics and Power Systems for the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He has also been a track chair and a member of the program and steering committees of many international conferences and served as a session chair many times.
- Author(s)Marian K. Kazimierczuk
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2008
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1478 g
- Width169 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine47 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.